2017 Frozen Rail Jam at Blue Mountain Resort
Saturday Jan 7th 2017
Sunny skies, cold temps and lots of natural snow made up with key ingredients for the success of the 2017 Frozen Rail at Blue Mountain Resort. Over 80 athletes came out to compete in this historic seasonal kick-off freestyle event, and this year’s unique set-up did not disappoint.
Frozen Rail Jam is a ‘best line’ contest, which means athletes are judged on their ability to link two technical tricks in a row on two different features. The features were as follows:
Feature #1 Option A) Closeout to 30’ urban down rail
Feature #1 Option B) Flat Down 30’ rail
Feature #1 Option C) Flat down Box and rail plaza
Feature #2 Option A) 20’ round bar transfer to Banked Wall Ride
Feature #2 Option B) Lift Tower Tube
Feature #2 Option C) 28’ Down flat down round bar
Riders were throwing down all day in each category with $1500 in cash on the line and tons of prizing from K2, Ride, Line, Full Tilt, Rockstar, Yes, Now, Jones, POW and Smith.
In addition, $400 was generated from a raffle supporting local rider Kody Williams who was injured a few weeks ago while filming. A big shout out goes to Open Men`s Champ Joel Dalacker for donating his $250 1st Place prize money to the cause.
Here are your results!
2017 Frozen Rail Jam Results
Grom Boys Snowboard
1. Alessandro Libbertucci 2, Maddox Matte 3. Andrew Laurin 4. Luke Landreth 5. Tucker Cartwright
Am Men Snowboard
1. Keaton McCallum 2. Cameron Spalding 3. Ryan Kangas 4. Scott Wilkinson 5. Ben Wheeler
Open Girls Snowboard
1. sommer Gendron 2. Emily popovic 3. Krishria Heino 4. Jackie Carlson
Am Girls Snowboard
1. Gale Madison 2. Sommer Gendron 3. Emily popovic 4. Krishria Heino 5. Jackie Carlson
Open Men Snowboard
1. Joel Dalacker 2. Gordon Hall 3. Liam Brearley 4. Adam Cameron 5. Brian Anderson